Find the Best Dentist in New York, NY
If you are looking for the best dentist in New York to treat you and your family, we invite you to schedule an exam with our dental office by calling (917) 284-9680. At New York DMD, we offer high-quality patient care and would be delighted to assist you.
We invite you to visit our dental office, discuss your oral health concerns and learn how we can provide solutions for all of your family's dental needs.
Definition of Dental Terminology
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Tooth decay is when the enamel of the tooth begins to decay and cause erosion from plaque and tartar on the teeth.
- Dental Caries
- Dental caries are also known as cavities and result from a lack of proper oral hygiene leaving plaque that forms tiny holes in the teeth.
- Dental Checkup
- A dental checkup is an appointment that involves cleaning the teeth, identifying any signs of infection and removing said signs of infection at least once every six months in the office.
- Dental Filling
- A dental filling involves restoring the structure of the tooth by using metal, alloy, porcelain or plastic to fill the tooth.
- Dental Prophylaxis
- A dental prophylaxis is a professional and detailed cleaning that involves the removal of plaque, calculus and stains from the teeth.
- Dental Sealants
- Dental sealants contain a resinous material that we apply to the chewing surfaces of the posterior teeth to prevent dental caries.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Gingivitis is the inflammation of gum tissue that results from plaque, other infections in the mouth and poor oral hygiene.
- Preventive Dentistry
- Preventive dentistry is the dentistry that focuses on maintaining oral health in order to prevent the spread of plaque, the formation of tartar and infections in the mouth.
- Tartar forms when plaque builds up on the surface of the teeth and calcifies into a hard surface that is much more difficult to remove and will require professional treatment.
- Tooth Enamel
- Tooth enamel is the protective visible outer surface of a tooth that contains the dentin and dental pulp.
Back to top of Find the Best Dentist in New York
Mini dental implants are a great option for patients who may need to replace missing teeth, but who are not candidates for conventional dental restorations. Some patients do not want the more invasive surgery required for regular dental implants, while others may lack the bone mass required in their jaw to hold regular implants.Dentists can…
Mini dental implants have become popular in recent times. Patients who need to replace one or more missing teeth can consider mini dental implants. This dental restoration is ideal for restoring the beauty of one's smile and can remarkably improve oral health in many ways.Mini implants have the same function as regular dental implants but…
Dental implants allow people to restore and replace teeth within their mouths; and as dentistry has become more innovative, there are now other types of implants that can be considered when in need, such as mini dental implants. These are relatively new to the dental industry. But, they are becoming popular due to their benefits…
Patients presenting with periodontal or gum disease may question whether mini dental implants are a possible solution to the bone loss they will likely experience. Mini implants can be an excellent solution for patients suffering from bone loss and tooth decay. However, it is necessary to note that all implants do require a stable foundation…