Find the Best Dentist in New York, NY
If you are looking for the best dentist in New York to treat you and your family, we invite you to schedule an exam with our dental office by calling (917) 284-9680. At New York DMD, we offer high-quality patient care and would be delighted to assist you.
We invite you to visit our dental office, discuss your oral health concerns and learn how we can provide solutions for all of your family's dental needs.
Definition of Dental Terminology
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Tooth decay is when the enamel of the tooth begins to decay and cause erosion from plaque and tartar on the teeth.
- Dental Caries
- Dental caries are also known as cavities and result from a lack of proper oral hygiene leaving plaque that forms tiny holes in the teeth.
- Dental Checkup
- A dental checkup is an appointment that involves cleaning the teeth, identifying any signs of infection and removing said signs of infection at least once every six months in the office.
- Dental Filling
- A dental filling involves restoring the structure of the tooth by using metal, alloy, porcelain or plastic to fill the tooth.
- Dental Prophylaxis
- A dental prophylaxis is a professional and detailed cleaning that involves the removal of plaque, calculus and stains from the teeth.
- Dental Sealants
- Dental sealants contain a resinous material that we apply to the chewing surfaces of the posterior teeth to prevent dental caries.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Gingivitis is the inflammation of gum tissue that results from plaque, other infections in the mouth and poor oral hygiene.
- Preventive Dentistry
- Preventive dentistry is the dentistry that focuses on maintaining oral health in order to prevent the spread of plaque, the formation of tartar and infections in the mouth.
- Tartar forms when plaque builds up on the surface of the teeth and calcifies into a hard surface that is much more difficult to remove and will require professional treatment.
- Tooth Enamel
- Tooth enamel is the protective visible outer surface of a tooth that contains the dentin and dental pulp.
Back to top of Find the Best Dentist in New York
Considering mini dental implants? Choosing mini dental implants as your tooth replacement option is a great idea. You can even choose to have your new dentures held securely in place by using a few strategically placed dental implants. Whatever your reason for considering getting implants placed in your mouth to improve your oral health, your…
Wondering whether mini dental implants are the right choice for you? This implant choice is just like a regular-sized implant but smaller. This smaller size allows those who are not able to accommodate the regular size to get the implants they need, as the mini size is just as strong, stable and durable.Understanding why dental…
Looking for more information on mini dental implants? When you are thinking about getting dental implants to improve your oral health, whether for tooth replacement reasons or denture reasons, understanding the entire process is necessary. Ready to learn more about this smaller implant choice, including how it takes to heal from the procedure?Understanding what mini…
Curious about mini dental implants? Learning what mini dental implants can do for you is a great idea when you are considering this dental treatment option in order to improve your dental health. There are many restorative treatment options available nowadays to help dental patients ensure that their dental health is in tip-top shape. Ready…